When looking to add a fence to your yard, it can be tempting to pick one solely based on price, but stopping at a cheaper choice isn’t always be your best option. While some less expensive fences may be ideal for certain needs, PVC vinyl fencing is a slightly more expensive alternative that is worth considering. Depending on the intended function of your fence, the benefits of PVC vinyl fencing could make it a clear choice for your yard.
Why Choose PVC Vinyl Fencing Over Others
PVC fencing, made from polyvinyl chloride, is composed of various compounds to increase the pigment resilience, durability, and light resistance. A fence built from traditional materials such as wood or metal can suffer some problems that PVC vinyl fencing would avoid. The diverse benefits of this type of fencing can be described in a general breakdown of characteristics:
- Strength: PVC vinyl fencing has 5 times the strength of wood, allowing for a greater amount of stress to be placed on the material without worrying about bending or breaking.
- Flexibility: Because vinyl fencing is composed of materials that give it a considerable amount of flexibility, it has a much greater chance of surviving harsh weather conditions and the force of pressure washing than a stiffer option which might crack, bend, or break.
- Virtually Maintenance-Free: A vinyl fence will not show chipping, rusting, or discoloration, which avoid touch-ups. An initial investment in this maintenance-free product saves time and money that will eventually be spent on repairs and supplies with other types of fencing.
- Water-Safe: Wooden fences will warp and rot. Metal fences will rust with too much water exposure. But a vinyl fence will remain safe and intact against these conditions, allowing it to be placed by a swimming pool, sprinkler, or other moisture-filled areas without the hassle of fixing water damage in the future.
- Lifetime Warranty: Typically, lifetime warranties accompany PVC vinyl fencing purchases. With this warranty you can rest assured that you have invested in a high quality product that will remain a reliable part of your yard for years to come.
By analyzing the way in which your fence will be affected by its environment and used from day to day, it can be easier to decide if PVC vinyl fencing is the ideal fencing for your yard. In addition to the various benefits of PVC vinyl as a material in general, the fencing can also be customized into multiple styles to fit your ideal look. From picket styles to privacy fencing, as well as available color options, you can choose the type that will best suit your yard.
At Riverside Fence, our experts are happy to talk with you about the various fencing types and options. If you’re looking to install a PVC vinyl fence in your yard or simply have questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call.